Sunday, October 14, 2007

New Adventures...A New Purpose?

I have always longed to find a way to channel my passion for soaps into a career that would allow me to be involved--someway, somehow--in the industry. My "search" led me to begin this blog because it is a way that I can combine my passion for writing with my passion for soaps. Now, I'm embarking on a new adventure that will allow me to combine my scrapbooking and soap passions--I'm designing soap opera-themed scrapbooking products--page layouts, page toppers and embellishments.

For years, I've been not only attending soap opera events, but also creating scrapbooks of my memories and experiences. Through recent conversations and experiences, I have concluded that I am not the only soap fan who has this "duo of passions"; in fact, it is very common. Unfortunately, what is not common is soap opera-oriented or themed scrapbooking embellishments. As my skills and scrapbooking experiences has increased, I have created pages and embellishments that have a "soap flair" to them--pages with circles that represent soap bubbles, medical embellishments, diecuts of symbols of daytime dramas (scrubs, hearts, televisions, soap bubbles). Since the scrapbooking industry has not yet designed much for the soap opera fan, and since I love to design and share my own "personal touch" creations to "fit" my soap event experiences, I have decided create an opportunity for other fans to "tweak" and use them for their own needs.

I am combining this new adventure with another endeavor--a website called "For the Love of Soaps". In addition to my soap opera-oriented scrapbooking products, the website will also include information pertaining to the history of soap operas, personal appearances of daytime actors, links to fan club and fan-designed websites, and fans' soap opera experiences(including a link to this blog. )

The adventures are just beginning! I hope you will join me on my journey :) I hope to launch my website and product line by October 20th! Check this blog for updates.

Robin

1 comment:

sndavis said...

HI Robin!
I tried to open your fortheloveofsoaps page but could not. I thought at dinner the other night you said it was ready but maybe I am wrong. Let me know I would like to take a look at it! Talk to you soon,
Stephanie